Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Your Disco Needs You! ^&^ She Speaks Circuit Queen Fluently! (Yes a real "she!")


A couple of weeks ago I decided to go to Alexa.com for more than just the brief overview of circuitcadence.com, but actually spent a good bit of time inputting the domains of any circuit related website I could think of (it turned out to be 40 off the top of my head, so nothing scientific or anything). When I was done and looked at the comparative result, I hadn't expected to see that out of those 40 sites (many of which I LOVE to visit myself) we were 14th in traffiic, based on the global scale [because some sites didn't have US numbers]. OfferNissim.com and Partylist.com, two sites I personally love, were virtually tied with us!

In just a year, with no revenues, and no marketing budget, just a grassroots personal pleasure derived from getting as many people as possible interested in dance music, and I was a little impressed that there'd been such a warm response. So, this is where I segue into asking for something in return. I lose money every month just paying for hosting, file storage, design templates, etc., and am HAPPY to do so, given the end result and the emotional feedback I've received from so many people already. But, I'd LOVE it if there were even more people who had access to what I'm already spending time on anyway.

That's where you come in, please set aside a few minutes to go to the group page, click on "invite people to join" and send an invite to any of your friends you think would enjoy the group. Or, if you don't want to spend a minute doing that, feel free to spend a minute clicking on the "donate" button on the home page, and instead I'll just apply any contributions received directly to an overhead expense incurred by maintaining the site. Thanks for everything, including the willingness to care what the hell I have to say from time to time, lol!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45202656183

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Now, back to me doing things for you, the way it was intended!

Certainly, one of the factors to things going so well is credited to the amazing DJs who have partnered with us in one capacity or another, such as Alex Acosta giving us our first ever "Exclusive" back in February and Michael Paul lending his skills for the production of our first continuous mix-sets, and the countless other examples. Most recently I was lucky enough to get to know Amy Alderman much better, and it has been awesome to get a little bit of perspective into the person behind the music I've been enjoying for a little over a year now.

I can even pinpoint the exact moment in time that I heard her name for the first time, Summer of '08 at my friend Dan's pool party in the Valley, and the song was working me over, only to puzzle me when the iPod display said Amy Alderman was the remixer and I'd never heard the name to that point. Intrigued I promptly went to find more info on trusty google, and nothing! It ended up surfacing just a few months later, and then I was seeing her name everywhere, mostly as a collaborative DJ/Producer on tracks alongside Bryan Reyes.

Clearly a good bit of it is natural talent, but I can't help but think it couldn't have hurt to have a mentor such as him! Here we are a year later, when I would have probably dismissed the possibility that a female DJ could connect with the gays like we've come to expect from the greats, and now I'm a believer. You'll undoubtedly agree once you listen to the following set she just completed yesterday! From the sounds of it, I think she speaks fluent Circuit Queen, don't you?!

It's front and center on the homepage, to be streamed from your browser, or downloaded directly. http://www.circuitcadence.com

By the way, catch Bryan Reyes' remix of Russian Roulette she included in the set. It's a private remix, so I can't send it out to you guys for the time being, but alternatively he is sharing the radio edit with anyone who wants it, just go to his fan page and click on the link...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Bryan-Reyes/125327191454?ref=search&sid=765487153.145454256..1

That version of "Release Me" is FUCKING FIERCE too! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The CirCuit CadenCe Websites