Sunday, December 27, 2009

Let Me Put My Heals On! | Rosabel Classics to Get You Ready for NYE!


http://www.circuitcadence.com

1. Jaimy Feat. Jackie Desouza - Keep On Lovin' Me (Rosabel Reworked Original Mix)
2. Murk - Believe (Rosabel Dub)
3. Pepper Mashay - I Got My Pride(Ralphi Rosario Club Mix)
4. Ralphi Rosario Feat. Donna Blakely - Take Me Up (Tribal Vocal Mx 2008)
5. Lilly Allen - Fuck You (Ralphi Rosario & Craig J Explicit Club Mix)
6. Deborah Cooper - Real Love (Rosabel's Fireball Anthem Mix)
7. Donna Summer - Fame (The Game) (Ralphi Rosario Club)
8. Ralphi Rosario - Who Am I (Ralphi Rosarios Reconstruction Mix)
9. Angel Moraes - Sounds So Good (Ralphi Rosario Mix)
10. Rosabel - That Sound (Rosabel Unreleased Tribal Mix)
11. Ono - I'm Not Getting Enough (Ralphi Main Club)
12. Damian Feat. Jennifer Crestol - Broken Wings (Ralphi Rosario Main Club Mix)
13. Ralphi Rosario Feat. Suzanne Palmer - Remembering You (Ralphi's Hard Dub)



So, New Year's Eve in Los Angeles is going to be an incredible experience this year! The legendary Mayan Theatre is my personal favorite circuit venue and never disappoints, so add to that the 10th Anniversary of Masterbeat's NYE Celebration, the musical talents of Ralphi & Abel (as Rosabel) and further consider the jaw-dropping spectacle that is the Audio-Video Countdown show (which I'm particularly excited for since this year's music was put together by good friends and favorite remixers), and you've got all the makings of a historic event! And I didn't even mention the throngs of hot men, by the thousands, or the countless other factors that make the Mayan so special. It's a given, NYE is: THE MAYAN!

But once the party is started on a Thursday, who's going to want it to stop? We've got a whole weekend to turn into a party! There will be tons of out of towners visiting, and there are lots of events going on. So here's my personal itinerary/breakdown:



Question #1: Where should we go after the Mayan is over? I've still got some dance in me!

Well there are two major choices, the affiliated event is as always @ Arena and the DJ this year is Manny Lehman. But, luckily for me there is a more appealing option (in my humble opinion): Scandal is throwing a special after hours event with none other than the great DJ/Remixer/Producer: ALEXANDER! An LA favorite and rising circuit superstar (Congratulations on being booked for Winter Party's Saturday Night event!). I personally find the Arena venue very unintimate and cold and despite great memory's in my circuit past of great Manny events, his inability to impress in recent years leaves me unexcited. Then the substantially higher ticket price for that event just seems to seal the deal for me.



Question #2: What about Friday and Saturday Nights, then?


Friday is a bit of a gimme, since there is essectially just the one event, also a Masterbeat affiliated event, Brett Henrichsen will spin @ the Avalon in Hollywood. If you make it through NYE and after hours and haven't fallen on your face by Friday night, then this is the place to be!

Saturday presents another great head to head, though. Paulo will be spinning @ The Factory in West Hollywood while Bryan Reyes makes his LA debut @ Friction in Silver Lake. If you are reading this then you obviously frequent the site, so it should come as no surprise that Bryan is my choice in this matchup. Paulo is great, but unfortunately being spoiled as I am, he spins quite often here in LA. Conversely, Bryan puts out more of the "circuit" style remixes of the hottest new tracks on a consistent basis than almost anyone, and I'm excited to hear live, the sounds so commonly playing on the iPods of circuit boys across the world!There's always talk of DJ styles, be it "bubble gum," "tribal," "dark," etc., but remember what music was like in the early 2000's on the circuit? I call that sound simply: CIRCUIT. Bryan embodies that sound to a T and I'm excited to hear the music old and new that has that same happy, hard, vocal and deep energy that is the root of my falling in love with the circuit!

So, those are my two cents, for what they're worth. No matter what you happen to be doing this coming New Year's, I wish you a happy and safe one! Hopefully we can share a dance! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The CirCuit CadenCe Websites