Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SPECIAL EDITION: REWINDING 2 A "DRY" TIME, B4 "MOIST"




It wasn't even a full year ago that the "MOIST" we're all familiar with was actually the far too long "Guaranteed to Make You 'MOIST.'" It was late November 2008 and I was only just registering for a Facebook account! Sure, I'd been making CD's in a similar format for friends in Minneapolis since years prior, but this was the start of something I had no idea was going where it has!

I had just a week or two prior had the thrill of my first Madonna concert (which was here in San Diego at Petco Park) and my bestest of friends in MN were just arriving in Miami for Thanksgiving weekend to catch her final show on the American segment, at Dolphin's Stadium. I knew they'd have "true blue" on repeat all weekend, but I figured I'd send them a care package with a CD the way I always used to.

Here's what came out, it is officially the very first "MOIST," unedited, altered, updated, or otherwise effected. You might notice the size of the audience for that first attempt was pretty select, many of the tracks had little more than 20 downloads, total, over these past 10 months. Those that did well will be obvious, so the download numbers become less relevant since people were likely just stumbling across a search result rather than actually seeking out this forum as a much needed and under supplied ACCESS to what it is our little niche community likes to listen to. It's kind of cool to see!

Go to the homepage for the entire list and to download, by clicking here. To preview the tracks simply press play in the following media player.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Search The CirCuit CadenCe Websites